Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gourmet Grilled Cheese

Sometimes I have days that I don't want to cook.

Yep it's true.  I don't always feel like making food especially really involved food.  So I always revert back to basic dinners on those days.

One of our always go to meals is grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.  Easy to make, tastes yummy, and the kids love it.  Three very important points at our house.

When I saw this recipe I was having one of those "I'm not cooking days" and I actually had all the ingredients on hand so we varied our usual grilled cheese and tried this delicious combination.

It was a huge hit with the hubby.  His cheese addiction was totally fulfilled!  I loved how simple it was plus we paired with some delicious rosemary artisan bread and it was heaven!!

Gourmet Grilled Cheese


Rosemary focaccia or crusty bread, 2 slices per sandwich
Fresh mozzarella
Fresh spinach, washed and dried
Tomato, sliced thin
Balsamic vinaigrette

1.  Spray a medium pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium-low. Place the spinach in the pan and sprinkle with balsamic vinaigrette. Stir continuously until just wilted. Remove from heat.

2.  To assemble the sandwiches: one slice of bread topped by mozzarella cheese, sliced tomato and cooked spinach. Top with second piece of bread. Place sandwiches in pan and cover. Cook on medium heat until the cheese is just melted, turning once the bread becomes golden brown.  Enjoy!

Source: Alli-n-Son


Blogging tips