Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Creamy Chicken Tacos (Crockpot)

 I seem to go in phases.  Lately I have been using my crockpot like you couldn't believe.  Everything just seems yummier in the crockpot.  I swear I haven't pulled that thing out for months and months and now I have been using it at least twice a week.

My older brother (by the way Happy Birthday Ben!!) and his family got to come for a visit a while ago and they ate dinner with us.  I always like to have something easy to make for lots of people but yet is filling and delicious.  This was a winner.  

Everyone loved it and it was a piece of cake to make.  It cooked all day long and all I did was make some spanish rice right beforehand.  Thanks Ben and Maria for visiting and giving us an excuse to make some yummy food.

Creamy Chicken Tacos (Crockpot)

(click here for printable version)


5 frozen chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups salsa
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sour cream
For serving:
Tortillas
Tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, lettuce, perhaps a little cilantro,  sliced avocado, etc.

1. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray and place the FROZEN chicken breasts inside.

2. In a small mixing bowl stir together salsa, cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning, maple syrup, and lime juice.  Pour over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.

3. Take the chicken out of the crock and put on a plate. Shred it all up with a fork and throw it back in.
Then add the little pat of butter and the sour cream, stir it all around until incorporated.  Cook for 1 more hour and serve in tortillas with the toppings you wish.  Enjoy!

Source: Jamie Cooks It Up
Blogging tips